Participant location including state

Description
How can I obtain a meeting participant’s location that includes state or province?
When I use /v2/accounts/{accountId}/metrics/meetings/{meetingID}/participants List Meeting Participants, the location is City and Country, such as Springfield(US), of which there are many, or Fisherville (US), which I’ve not heard of before.
I’ve tried gluing external IP location services into these results, but I’m running into rate and monthly limits. This is a report that I need for non-profit educational organization, so I don’t have money to spend on external lookup.
I realize that IP location isn’t precise for many reasons. I’m only interested in state or provincial information for the US and Canada

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/accounts/{accountId}/metrics/meetings/{meetingID}/participants List Meeting Participants

Hey @Hakkarainen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a great question! I looked into our APIs and I wasn’t able to see a method that provides the State that a participant is in. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category. In the meantime, it seems that the IP Geolocation method you are using is the best option.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.