Participant Self-Selection in Breakout Rooms

Hi

I have been using Zoom for past several years and thanks for great product. I’m an educator who likes to promote group discussions in meeting and these groups are not predetermined. One feature that is really frustrating is for the Host of meeting to assign participants to dynamically enter the various rooms and also moving group of participants from one room to another. Therefore, I suggest two features for Breakout Rooms in future:

• With permission from Host/CoHost, participants should be allowed to self-select which Breakout room they can enter. This allows host to let participants in groups of their choice based on topic of discussion or meeting

• Assign participants into Groups and then let the Host move the entire Group from one Room to another.

The first one is more critical than the second suggestion.

Looking forward to this addition.
Thanks

1 Like

The first one is already a feature… I don’t think you can exclude someone from choosing a room (so theres no permission to be given), but the rest already exists

Thanks for your response. Can your provide the steps on how a participant can self-select a breakout room? I’ve looked but could not find the steps for them to join one of the several breakout rooms . Thanks