Participants can choose their own breakout rooms

Hello,

On Zoom SDK 1.9.5 We are trying the enhancement: Participants can choose the breakout room that they want to join.

but it appears it does not show that option, and still shows the waiting to be assigned banner. Is there anything needed that is not documented to have that functionality?

Hey @developer-whova,
After disagreeing with you for a second, I dived into the new Zoom SDK 1.9.5 and compared the features with a Windows Zoom Client.

1. It turned out the Windows Client has the features:
    Allow participants to choose room
    Allow participants to return to main session at any time.
    Automatically move all assigned participants to Breakout Rooms.

2. The Web Client (tested 1.9.5) has the following features:
    Allow participants to choose room.
    Allow participants to return to main session at any time.
    Automatically move all assigned participants to Breakout Rooms.

My findings are here:

Zoom Windows Client
Windows Client

Zoom WebSDK Client
Zoom WebSDK Client

This is sure a feature request or may be we both are missing something. Hence I am tagging @will.zoom and @MaxM to help us out.

Thanks,
Anweshan

@developer-whova You should be able to select this after clicking the Breakout Rooms icon from the meeting:

Let me know if that helps.

@anweshan Thank you for your investigation!

Max

Thanks a lot @MaxM. I am glad.
Best Wishes:
@anweshan

1 Like

Breakout Rooms allow you to seamlessly split your Zoom meeting into separate Breakout rooms are available in meetings only (NOT webinars)Participants can select and enter rooms on their own. So it is possibe that you maybe did something on accident to cause this to happen.

Hope this helps @developer-whova

~Zoe Varner

Thanks for the input @ZoeVarner!

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.