Breakout Features

Hi @tommy,

As a zoom user, I cannot pick which breakout to select. As a host, I have the option: “Allow participants to choose room” selected.

If a zoom user is invited to a breakout, and clicks “Later”, how can the user enter the breakout room? Refreshing the page brings the popup to choose again, but this is not ideal.

Can I assign users to breakout rooms, before I start the zoom meeting, using an api?

Once I open all breakout rooms, can I add a new one, via API? Or do I have to close all current breakout rooms, to add a new breakout room?

Can a user join a breakout room directly, without needing to accept it from the main session?

Which version?

Device (please complete the following information):
Chrome Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit) Ubuntu

Hey @rossy,

As a zoom user, I cannot pick which breakout to select. As a host, I have the option: “Allow participants to choose room” selected.

If a zoom user is invited to a breakout, and clicks “Later”, how can the user enter the breakout room? Refreshing the page brings the popup to choose again, but this is not ideal.

While the WebSDK now supports breakout rooms, it does not have feature parity with the Zoom desktop client. I’m working to get a full list of supported features right now and will update you with more information when I have it. Right now, it seems that refreshing the page is the best method to prompt the user to join the breakout room again.

Can I assign users to breakout rooms, before I start the zoom meeting, using an API?

Once I open all breakout rooms, can I add a new one, via API? Or do I have to close all current breakout rooms, to add a new breakout room?

We don’t currently have an API for breakout rooms but this is something that we are planning to add in the future. In the meantime, you can follow our guide to pre-assigning participants to a breakout room which will show you how to do it through the UI.

Can a user join a breakout room directly, without needing to accept it from the main session?

Currently, we do not offer the option to automatically assign users to breakout rooms without them first accepting on their end. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.