Participants authentication

This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Not sure if zoom has this feature already or not. I make it as a feature request.
I have an education package with 24 hosts and we use zoom for our online courses. However, we currently experience the participants (students) share the Meeting-ID and password to other students, and this make us very hard to find out who should be eligible to join the meeting. We have our website to manage our students, and we plan to use the create meeting API. How do we make sure the people join the meeting are actually paid users. I didn’t see that level of authentication maybe i’m wrong.

Describe the solution you’d like
Solution1: when the host initiates the meeting, there should be an option to hide the meeting ID and password.

Solution2: the “only autheticated user can join” option should be more advanced to prevent user to share the URL?

Hey @onlinecourse,

Do all the students have student emails? If so you can limit the people who join the meeting to Zoom users who are signed in AND have a certain email domain.

Please see this article and reach out to support.zoom.us for in meeting security questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Thanks for your reply. Our students have emails, since we are tutoring company and the students are from everywhere. So restrict email domain is probably not applicable here? My major concern is how to prevent the login user to share meeting info. Let me provide an example to make this clear.

There are student A, B, C belongs to MATH100 class for example,
When the teacher scheduled the meeting, there will be a button (embedded with the join_url) for each student, each student needs to login to our system (our part to authenticate), when they all login in and start the meeting. Zoom will show the “Meeting ID” AND “password” to all the participants, so if one of the students share this info to others, then others can join this meeting? Even we have the authentication profiles, how do we connect a person’s info in zoom to our database?

Thanks,
Frank

Hey @onlinecourse,

Please see this article on best practices for securing your Zoom meetings:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy
BTW, is there a way to not let the participant know the password for the meeting?
For example, zoom can generated a password embedded URL, but when the participants join, is there a way to hide the password information?

Hey @onlinecourse,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us for the best answer since this forum is for Zoom API questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, how did you manage this? I have a website and want my registered users to have private meetings but as you said, they can share the meeting ID and the password. With the Wed SDK I could do this (CSS tricks) but the audio quality for meetings with music is BAD.

1 Like