Pass parameters to Zoom mac client from terminal

Description
Is there a way to send parameters to the Zoom.us.app client? For example in terminal (fake code obviously):
Terminal: open /Applications/Zoom.us.app id=1234567 pw=7654321

I’m looking to pass parameters directly to the app, not using a web browser middle man using zoommtg://zoom.us/join?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx&zc=0&browser=chrome&uname=Betty

Which version?
5.x

Thanks

Hi @tcconway, I’m not sure this is currently possible. You may need to use one of our SDKs to have complete control over the client.

@carson.zoom, would you have any further information here?

Hi @tcconway,

Thanks for the post. Are you trying to control the Zoom Mac Client downloaded from our zoom.us website? Or are you looking for a way to have a customizable Zoom meeting client that allows you to perform operations programmatically? If it is the later one, you may have a look at the Zoom Mac SDK(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-macos). If it is the former case, there is no way to control Zoom Mac Client programmatically.

Thanks!

Thanks all for the comments/inputs.

I am doing TV production that requires 12 MacMinis, all running Zoom clients. I’m just looking for a way to connect all those Zoom app clients easier than just:
1. Remoting in (using Remote Desktop)
2. Pasting the Meeting URL into a browser
3. Clicking the browser popup, to launch the app
4. Quit the browser once Zoom app launches/connects.

If there was a way to send confinfo and pw parameters to the Zoom app itself, I could create a binary app/applescript/python/etc. (or whatever) to automate the process.

I’m hoping to get to a place where I would paste in the Meeting URL into an app/script I created and it would allow me to bring in all 12 of my MacMinis into the same meeting. I can code/script – just need to know how to interface with Zoom.us.app

If you have any thoughts on how to do this, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hey @tcconway,

Have you considered using your MacMinis to run Zoom Rooms?

It sounds like your use case would be perfect for Zoom Rooms.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out again. When testing last month, I couldn’t get the video without the GUI overlay.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @tcconway,

Happy to help! Let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy