Past meeting instances returns empty list

We have a meeting that took place, with a recording to prove it.
Calling https://api.zoom.us/v2/past_meetings/{meetingUUID} with the meeting ID returns an object as expected, but calling https://api.zoom.us/v2/past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances returns an empty list.
See screenshots attached.
@will.zoom @tommy

Hey @et-dev

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you sure that you have the latest version of Zoom, version 1.8.3? Maybe check and if the problem Proceeds, then tell us. Thanks!

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

Hey @et-dev,

Thanks for sharing these details.

When you query a meeting with 1 attendee, this will not be returned by the /past_meetings/meetingId/instances (List Ended Meeting Instances) endpoint.

In order for a meeting to be returned by the List Ended Meeting Instances endpoint, it will need to have had more than 1 attendee.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

I fail to understand why this is logical.
Why there is no apparent meeting instance if there was a single attendee in the meeting?

I am trying to get the list of instances in order to get the list of participants for each instance.
So how can I know if there is a single attendee if the first endpoint returns nothing?

should I have a fallback for this special scenario and try to get the list of participants using the meetingId and not the UUID in order to get a result with that one participant?

UPDATE:
I have looked at this meeting recording.
The recording clearly shows that there were more than one participant in this meeting.
This contradicts to what you have described.

Please advise @will.zoom - we may have more than just this meeting as an example for this issue.

Hey @et-dev,

Strange, when I check Meeting 92825388724 from my end, I see that it was started on November 1st and had just 1 attendee.

Can you share the recording URL and possibly a screenshot with me in DM? This will help me further investigate—I just started a chat with you.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.