Patch Live Stream with Stream URL and Stream Key

Description
In testing API calls to Patch the live stream details of a meeting, I am receiving a 4927 error any time the meeting is not started. From previous investigation I expected to be able to update live stream details of any meetings. Which use case is correct?

Error
4927,\“message\”:\“Meeting 81,759,171,513 has not started.\”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?
PATCH # /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Typically a call to /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream to update stream_url and stream_key, where body is:
JSON.stringify({stream_url: “foo”,stream_key:“bar”})

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @HenryW,

Are the meeting and livestream both running when you submit this PATCH request?

Thanks,
Will

The use-case is this: I set up my livestream ingest ahead of the meeting so I know the stream_url and stream_key I’m going to stream to. I want to update the upcoming meeting via the /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream call with those values. The meeting is not live when I make the patch call.

On further testing, this call appears to work on all types of meetings. The call that returns the 4927 is this:

/meetings/{meetingId}/livestream/status (with a body of action:start or action:stop)

Which makes more sense. Can you confirm that /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream can be run against any meeting but /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream/status can only be run against a ‘live’ meeting?

Hey @HenryW,

Yes, we do confirm this. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.