Unable to live stream a meeting when updates live stream status to start

Description

1. Creating a meeting using /users/{userId}/meetings using POST API
  2. Fetched the meeting_id from step 1 and called the update live stream API /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream using PATCH API
  3. When the step 2 API responds with success code 204, Tried calling to update the status of a meeting’s live stream, /meetings/{meetingId}/livestream/status through PATCH API with payload

{
“action”: “start”,
“settings”: {
“active_speaker_name”: false,
“display_name”: “inc”
}
}
, the API responds with code 204

Error
The issue is, all the above steps are successful, but still unable to see live streaming through streaming url.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Additional context
Live stream starts, only if I call step 3 API after few minutes from step 2 API call.

Hi @rituraj_zoom,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you confirm that you’re starting the Zoom Meeting in the Zoom Client first, before sending the request to start the livestream?

Thanks,
Will

Hello @will.zoom,

Step 1: The mobile will call my backend service, at the backend I am making Zoom create a meeting REST API call.
Step 2: Once the create meeting REST API is successful and the backend responds back to the frontend with some metadata, then start meeting Mobile SDK method is being called.
So, I am calling the start live stream zoom REST API call at the end of step 1 but for sure before step 2.
Hence, sending the request to start the livestream first and then starting the Zoom Meeting in the Zoom Mobile Client.

Thanks
Rituraj

Hey @Rituraj,

Have you confirmed that this RTMP server works as expected when live streaming from another platform?

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM

Yes, as mentioned in the first post of this topic under additional context:
“Live stream starts, only if I call step 3 (i.e. {meetingId}/livestream/status) API after few minutes from step 2 (i.e. {meetingId}/livestream) API call.”
I mean RTMP server responds and zoom REST API live stream the meeting too.
And i can play the HLS link (live stream page url) outside also like here hls.js demo

Thanks
Rituraj

Hey @rituraj_zoom,

Thank you for confirming. I’m wondering if the delay here has to do with the custom RTMP server spinning up because I haven’t seen an instance of this in the past.

If you’re able to stream from other RTMP clients without that delay then I’m expecting we’ll need to investigate this further. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM,

I tried with another RTMP client and it seems the issue is the same.
If I call live stream status patch API after some delay it works, else it fails.

Thanks
Rituraj

Hey @rituraj_zoom,

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. We’ll set up a meeting there and try to capture some details about this delay.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.