/phone/common_areas - Does not return 'total_records' in response header

__

Description
The responses I get from the Zoom API have the number of records that will be returned in the response header. For /phone/common_areas no total records field is declared in the header. Is this expected?

Error?

{
    "next_page_token": "",
    "page_size": 300,
    "common_areas": [
        {

vs

{
    "next_page_token": "",
    "page_size": 300,
    **"total_records": 65**,
    "devices": [
        {

Hi @dupination ,

Yes this is expected API behavior. Thanks for clarifying!

Gianni

Hey @gianni.zoom

Thanks for the reply. Do you know why this response is not consistent with other API calls?
Is this something that could be added on your end?

Thanks!

Can you explain, why this is the expected API behaviour? This is not consistent to all of your other API calls and I’d like if you can deliver consistent API behaviors.
For many scripting tasks this is a very important information, basically when you work with the default page_size and next_page_tokens

Hi @dennis.raulien ,

I cannot recall the original context and cannot confirm if this is still expected. Can you please send an updated example? Thanks!

Hi Gianni.

The context is, that the API GET /phone/common_areas ( documented here listCommonAreas)
don’t return the value total_records like all the other APIs does. And the question is, why is that expected?
Every other API call which “list” basic information like listPhoneDevices or listPhoneUsers returns the key values total_records, page_size and next_page_token (and of course the real needed information.

1 Like

Hi @dennis.raulien ,

I will look into this again. I may have overlooked this and should have inquired further. Thanks for your patience!