Phone Password Not Displaying

When we use an alphanumeric password for a meeting and we require a password for phone participants in our settings, we notice that the phone password does not appear in the audio info screen. I did a little debugging and it seems to get mapped from an H323 password field that is coming back as an empty string for some reason. This was tested with the 1.7.4 version of the SDK on Chrome and Firefox.

When I join the same meeting via the web client (not the SDK but use the join url, enter the meeting password, and open in the browser vs the client), I correctly see the 4th section with the phone password.

I couldn’t really see the difference between the web client or the web sdk (it’s tricky to debug the minified files). Is there a way to get the phone password to show when using the Web SDK?

Related question - it seems that if you enter a participant Id, the phone password is not required (I was only prompted to enter the password if I did not enter a participant Id on the phone). Is there a setting to force all users to enter a phone password?

[EDIT: my 1st screenshot is cropped rather unfortunately. I should point out that there is nothing to scroll to below 3 and I checked in the dom - there was no section 4.]

2 Likes

">

Hi @erichhansen,

Thanks for bringing this up. I was able to reproduce this error and it looks like a bug since the password is supposed to show on all platforms. I’ll make a request to get this fixed and included in an upcoming release.

You can stay up to date about new releases with our Web SDK upcoming changes page and change log

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the update @michael_p.zoom. Do you think it will make it into the upcoming 1.8.0 release or is it in consideration for a future release after April? I’m trying to get a sense of where it falls on your roadmap to plan phone password rollouts on our end.

Hey @erichhansen,

Should be released in this weekends 1.7.6.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy do you have a list of changes in 1.7.6?

Hey @stan_b,

Checkout our upcoming changes here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/getting-started/stay-up-to-date/upcoming-changes/web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy This update on Sunday will break all existing usage of 1.7.5?

Enhancements

• Required update for all users to update version 1.7.6 to take advantage of Zoom’s new security feature. Please note that WebSDK versions 1.7.5 or below will no longer be operational.

These breaking changes are terrible, how can there not be a way to overlap these a little so every user doesn’t have to be in perfect lockstep with Zoom?

Hey @stan_b,

Version 1.7.6 is no longer a breaking change.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy yes we did see that on Sunday at 2AM EST that the release was changed abruptly.

Is the plan to have these staggered so it’s not required to break customers in order to upgrade?

Hi @stan_b,

Yes that is the plan to regularly release WebSDK changes at a bi-monthly cadence without the need to have breaking changes. However, this might change with our security initiative.

Thanks