Pinned chats in Zoom

Please create this feature! Pin to the top of chat!

Ditto. This is one of the main features that professors ask for. Getting tired of telling them it is not available.

Agreed. Weā€™d like to do this with the link to detailed closed captioning/transcript instructions as well as our website, where they can download presentation slides.

This should be a basic feature. Almost every online meeting software has this feature. Itā€™s not only necessary for latecomers but also saves the trouble of sifting through hundreds of messages when meeting with large groups and thereā€™s a lot of activity in the chat. Please make this happen devā€™s

1 Like

Such a basic thing for school useā€¦ PIN the Nearpod link in the chat window and every student sees it as soon as they enter the Zoom session.

As it stands, 80% of the chat posts are either asking for or providing the Nearpod link.

Yes Iā€™d like to bump thisā€¦very important feature.

In my case, Iā€™d like to pin a link in my Zoom webinar for things like:

• worksheet / resource
  • link to product sales page
  • etc.

BUMP!
Please enable pinning messages in a zoom meeting chat! We really want to be able to pin messages containing a file or a link so that people coming later to the meeting can see them.

Does anyone have a workaround for this that they use? Like, can you post a clickable link in the video feed or something?

@MattS As far as I know, the only workaround is repeatedly posting the same message over and over again, like every five minutes or fifteen minutes.

Just want to say this would be a very useful feature in my meetings.
Thanks!
Amy

Thank you for posting this request - it would be very very very very very helpful.

BUMP this UP!!

Yes, please add this feature. It would be very helpful. Thanks!

I concur, if anything would save alot of time on reposting

Please please please add this!

Yes thatā€™s what Iā€™m longing for.

This feature would be extremely good :slight_smile:

Iā€™m an instructor at a coding school and we use Zoom to teach our lessons. Having the ability to pin a chat message during meetings would be incredible! Please add this feature!

1 Like

Please start offering this option. I work for a large nonprofit, and we host meetings requiring us to track attendance at these meetings for many participants. I have to post the same comment many times, which waters down the conversation happening in the chat.

Please zoom - add pinned chat as a feature!!! when the chat is heavy and flooded with comments, it would be so incredibly useful to pin a chat at the top of chat window (vs. repeating it over and over).

1 Like

Yes! It would be incredibly useful to be able to pin a comment in a meeting. The pin option in a group chat does not remain at the top of the message/chat inside of the live meeting session. So far this is the only drawback of Zoomā€™s platform and why I have to use another platform in addition to Zoom.

1 Like