Play_url and share_url values from API don't match links from the Zoom Web UI

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
v2/users/me/recordings

Description
the share_url and play_url values that I receive for past recordings from the Meetings API doesn’t match the /rec/play/x or /rec/share/y URLs we get in the Zoom Web UI. I’m trying to back up all our old recording files and want a way to match up old links with where I’m putting the archived files. But since the share_url and play_url values I’m getting from the API don’t match the links that my users have already shared … these hundreds/thousands of existing links won’t be translatable.

Is there any way to get the same URLs that are used in the Web UI from the API?

Error?
Specific example:

from the API: https://x.zoom.us/rec/play/N4B52Xd_sVqbXSycTZaBKPsy3stLqcC1ewD0NDgSI-2k5o3uA3uowP-ogNsihjE6DbHy9zIXuzc41JfE.REoIHtiHJp5YURgX

from the web UI: https://x.zoom.us/rec/play/EhEvvFnenqt4ZMwAy3i0W7YeNz3Mt5MNi9uWq67wCMyH7i3Fwv--Mo4DzVtu5j-lzId0_2KppODuYfiU.KsnMiX0LUtML41hX?autoplay=true

(These URLs both go to the same recording file, and obviously don’t match even after removing the “?autoplay=true” string)

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open a recording from Zoom Admin → Account Management → Recording Management
  2. Get the details about the same recording from the Zoom Meetings API → List all Recordings endpoint
  3. Compare the play URLs … in my case they’re not matching

Urgency because our Cloud Recording is scheduled to be disabled tomorrow

for context, basically I made a big spreadsheet with a row for each meeting and each recording file, including the play/share URL … however these all have different IDs from the URLs I get when opening the same videos in the Web UI…

I was expecting the play_url from the API to match the links that my users have been sharing.
This is foiling my big plan to create a self-service “link translator” tool for them

Hi @rexfm
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
Sorry for the late reply here!
I just wanted to check in with you to see if you are still looking for guidance on this issue.
Cheers,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.