Please tell me the meaning of "Session Capacity 300" of Video SDK

Please tell me the meaning of “Session Capacity 300” of Video SDK.

Does this mean that one account has 300 participants at the same time, or does one session have 300 participants at the same time?

If this is a session limit, will the number of simultaneous participants increase by the number of sessions?
For example, if I have 6 sessions of 100 people, can I host 600 people at the same time?

Hi @Jiro, thanks for using the dev forum.

This limit is imposed on a per-session basis, meaning one single session instance can have up to 300 attendees. This is not applied globally to all sessions, so you could absolutely have 6 different sessions with 100 attendees each.

I am not aware of any limits on how many total users you can have across all sessions.

Thanks!

Hi jon,

Thanks for your reply.

I got it.

Thanks!

Happy to help!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new thread if you have any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom,

Just wondering if there are any plans to expand this? For example, we’re creating our own webinar/events platform and we would ideally want more than 300 visitors able to watch a stream. These visitors would be able to see a streamed video, but wouldn’t be publishing their own.

Presenter (Shared Screen and Published Video) => Many Attendees Subscribing to the Video Stream

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @alexmayo,

Great question! We are actually discussing/investigating removing this limitation of the Video SDK internally. The timeline on this is a little iffy, so I will let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Any updates here? Looking to integrate the Video SDK but a little hung up on which route to pursue because a solid majority of our users will have more than 300 total users viewing the session. The Video SDK is perfect for our use case, minus the 300 user cap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jake, thanks for using the dev forum.

I do not have any substantial updates just yet.

That being said, do you mind providing some additional information about your use case? Would all of the users be actively participating in the session with audio/video? Or would most of them only be viewers, similarly to a Zoom webinar?

Thanks!

Hey @jon.zoom thanks for the speedy reply!

Use case is a virtual event platform. Every aspect of it seems to be solid except for the main stage sessions, which could draw a large crowd viewing. You’re spot on in similarly to a webinar function. Only about 1-10 active participants need audio/video and 99% will just need to be viewers watching the presenters talk/present.

I know we could go the client SDK route, but we’re pretty crazy about an Exceptional Experience and want to completely avoid the client from having to worry about what Zoom plan they have. We want them to be able to login to our platform and we handle all the video/audio without them having to worry about a thing.

I might also add that we’d look to be using the Web Video SDK.

Additionally, we want all billing associated with Zoom to come to us.

Appreciate your support and creativity with our use case!!

1 Like

Hi @jake,

Thank you for providing the additional context around your use case! We greatly appreciate this and will take you into consideration as we work towards improving the Video SDK in future releases. If you have any additional questions regarding usage of the Video SDK, please don’t hesitate to reach back out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.