PMI -type4 meeting webhooks

Description
data in webhooks events for PMI(type 4 meetings) is different to identify a meeting

Error
for PMI(type 4) meetings, the uuid and meetingId is different in meeting create event from meeting meeting start/end events. Through webhooks there is no possible way to map that meeting create and meeting start are related to same meeting. Since uuid and automatic meetingId and meeting type as 2 are sent in create event while in start event data, another uuid along with personal meetingId and type as 4 is being sent.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
the app ia user based Oauth app

Which Endpoint/s?
the issue is from webhooks data for type 4 meetings(create over start/end)

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. configure an zoom app, and subscribe for zoom events
  2. create personal meeting and verify data of create and start/end events

Hi @manideep.simhadri95,

To make sure we’re on the same page, can I kindly ask that you provide a screenshot or a copy of each of the JSON payloads that contain the meeting IDs and UUIDs in question? This will help me to take a closer look!

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,
I sharing the screenshot, with personal details masked.

if you see the screenshot -

meeting created event has different uuid, unique meetingId and topic given by us but, the started events(rest of other events apart from updated) have personal meetingId, default topic name and different uuid. It is difficult to map the events for a particular pmi meeting.

Hey @manideep.simhadri95,

Thanks so much for clarifying—I think we’re on the same page now.

To clarify, when a meeting is created, that meeting is assigned a UUID, which is a different UUID than what you’ll see for a meeting that has occurred (meeting started and ended).

The common identifier between these meetings (scheduled vs occurred) is the Meeting ID, which is what I would recommend to map the meeting back to the original scheduled meeting. I hope this helps to clear some of this up.

I would also recommend reading through this post, which covers this in a bit more detail:

Let me know if you still have questions!
Will