Pop up opens when joining personal link

Description
When trying to join a personal link using vanityID parameter, a window pops up asking Which meeting "" do you want to join, provided with two options - /my/, zoom.us/my/.
I couldn’t understand the difference between the provided two options and also how to avoid this pop through SDK, because, we are using Zoom SDK for Windows in an automated environment.

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Use normaluserlogin along with vanityId parameter in JoinParam.

Screenshots
zoom-pop-up

Hey @Rishi_Sharmal,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

This alert is shown when the SDK cannot uniquely identify the meeting that the user is attempting to join.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

So, given a meeting URL, which parameters should I set in SDK, so that this pop up doesn’t show up
The URL is like https://mindtickle.zoom.us/my/<personal-link>.
So, I was setting the vanityID param as <personal-link> in JoinParam and using NormalUserJoin.

Regards,
Rishi Sharma

Hey @Rishi_Sharma,

I dont believe this is a parameter issue with the SDK. To confirm can you run the demo application and join with your links?
You can also try joining with those links in the client application.

Please let me know if you see similar behavior.
Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Yes, I see similar behavior with Mac client as well. So, is there any way by which this selection could be automated, as we are using the SDK to join meetings through automation, so, we can’t select the option through the pop-up.

Hey @Rishi_Sharma,

This is something that will have to be configured in the link itself. As in the link will have to provide enough information that the services could not run into possible confusion. I am not super familiar with the details of creating these links. Are you using the Zoom API to create these?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

No, we are not using Zoom API to create this link. This is the personal link [0] of my personal meeting room. And in Zoom SDK there is no way to provide the link as a joining parameter. We are only setting the vanityId parameter in JoinParam.
For ex. if the personal link is https://mindticke.zoom.us/my/abcd, we are setting vanityId=abcd in the JoinParam

[0] Personal meeting ID (PMI) and personal link – Zoom Help Center

Regards,
Rishi Sharma

Hey @Rishi_Sharma,

Instead of using the Personal Link, can you try using the Personal Meeting ID?

Let me know what happens.
Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Actually, we can’t use a personal meeting id, because, the zoom-client that we have developed using the Windows SDK, runs in an automated environment, which is being used by our customers to join their zoom-meetings. Our zoom-client gets the meeting-URL as a parameter, from which we extract the vanityID and provide that as a parameter to zoom sdk. So, if someone has provided personal-link as meeting-url, we don’t know how to get the personal-meeting-id of it through sdk or apis.
Also, 1 more observation, this issue is only faced with my personal link and not with any other personal links that we have observed. It might be due to the fact, that my user was migrated from 1 organization to another. I’ll send my personal link to you through dev support email

So, if there is any parameter other than vanityId, which I might be missing and which needs to be provided to sdk to join a personal-link url without any ambiguity, that would be great.
Otherwise, if there is any API, which can resolve the personal meeting id from a personal link url, that would work as well

Regards,
Rishi Sharma

Hey Rishi,

Let’s continue this conversation on developersupport as this will take some further investigation.

Thanks!
Michael