Possible options for development resource, SDK or API?

Hi there,

I am trying to build an iOS app(possibly hybrid web-app or objective-c), and am reading community articles based on the list of functionalities that I need to build. I realized maybe I can post my app’s user flow here and ask feedback from experienced people. So here it goes…

[User flow #1]

1. User A login and request support via chat(user A logins and creates a Meeting).
  2. On backend, if there is available agents(lets say agent X is available), system notifies user’s chat to agent X.
  3. Agent X responses(Agent X joins user A’s Meeting).
  4. Agent X starts chat with user A.

[User flow #2]

1. User B login and push a call button(user B logins and creates a Meeting).
  2. User B faces payment dialog and make payment.
  3. On backend, if there is available agents(lets say agent Y is available), system notifies user’s call to agent Y.
  4. Agent Y accept user B’s call(Agent Y joins user B’s Meeting).
  5. Agent Y starts call conversation with user B.

[User flow #3]

1. Agent Z logins and creates a Meeting.
  2. Agent Z optains Meeting ID
  3. Agent Z calls person H via her/his cell phone, and letting know Meeting ID(invite person H).
  4. Agent Z invites user B.
  5. Person H joins agent Z’s Meeting via his/her cell phone without using ZOOM app.
  6. User B joins agent Z’s Meeting via his/her cell phone via ZOOM.
  7. Agent Z starts conversation with Person H and user B at the same time, also recording conversation.

[My research]

1. JS SDK is not usable, since it does not support the ZOOM chat yet.
  2. Web Client SDK is not usable, since JS SDK is being part of Web Client SDK and does not support the ZOOM chat. Also, UI is not editable.

I would love to know what is the best choice for me. iOS SDK or Web Client SDK or only using Rest API?

Hi @typeofyoum,

Right now if your looking to use the Chat functionality, you can use the REST API and from there the users can use the native Zoom client on their computer of mobile phone. Keep in mind, the users will have to download the clients. If you’re looking to integrate within your phone app you can use our SDK.

Thanks

Thanks Michael,
One more question… is the Objective-C only programming lang for iOS SDK? And I thought using SDK make impossible to modify UI. Isn’t that correct?

Hello. Objective-C is not only programming lang for iOS SDK. Even though your project is already built in Swift, we can use this sdk. You can create bridge file and import the header files in it.
And using SDK, it’s almost impossible to modify UI as you want. Actually this SDK support the good UI but if you want to customize it as you want, we have to build UI manually and use Rest API for video conferencing. I am Yin H writing answer here after read your modified description.

1 Like

Closing old topic.

-Tommy