Pre Permissions Page for Dynamic Publishable URL

Description
I want to create a dynamic publishable zoom URL for my application which can have subdomains. Can we ask users for the logged in subdomain which they want to use?

Details

1. One user can be logged in with multiple subdomains at the same time from their browser.
  2. We don’t share sessions among different subdomains, even if the user is on the same browser.
  3. So effectively, when users visit zoom publishable URL - example.com/zoom-integration-url
    We can’t find out that user has logged in with which subdomains, unless user tell us the subdomain name.

Can we ask user for the subdomain name which they want to integrate zoom app with, when user clicks on publishable URL i.e before Zoom’s Permissions page (on our website custom page)?

Hey @rahul5,

You could handle this dynamically by having the user click their sub domain in a dropdown of sorts that you make, and then append the respective sub domain redirect url to the authorize url.

Thanks,
Tommy

What is the difference between, asking the user for subdomain name in a text field and asking it in a dropdown? Either way user is confirming their subdomain by themselves.

This is standard practice which we use in our website for other third party integration as well. Let me know if this will work and will be approved?

Hey @rahul5,

No difference, just the example I gave, You can develop this flow how you choose. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thanks a lot, for the confirmation… :+1:

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy