Problem grouping the sessions of the same user into a meeting

Description
Hi I have a problem when I try to group the same user who has entered several times in a meeting. By calling the participants API, some of them have different id and user_id, even if they are the same person. Why does this happen? How can I sum the duration of these sessions if I don’t have a unique key that identifies the same user?

Error
Different id and user_id for same person in meeting

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Using API with JWT token authorization

Which Endpoint/s?
/report/meetings/:meetingId/participants

Screenshots (If applicable)
Screenshot json data

Additional context
I noticed that from the zoom dashboard the report files are able to group the user, why is this not possible from the API?
Screenshot dashboard zoom

@AlexLab,

This can happen if the user is not authenticated/signed in to Zoom when they join the meeting. As a result, each time they leave and re-join, they’ll be interpreted as a new guest user.

Have you considered enabling registration. This could help to prevent this.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Hi Will, thanks for the support. But why is the same user grouped from the dashboard?
how does the dashboard manage to group it? which field does it use?
thanks

Hey @AlexLab,

The API response and the dashboard are not a 1:1 match in how they query/display data. However, do you know if there was a waiting room for this meeting? This can also appear as separate join instances for a meeting if a participant was admitted to the waiting room and then admitted to the meeting.

Let me know—thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.