Qt and MinGW compatibility

Description
Any recommendations for integrating the Windows Zoom SDK into an existing program using the Qt development framework and the MinGW compiler?

Which version?
v4.6.15798.0403

To Reproduce(If applicable)
I am able to create a project, link the Zoom library, include headers and compile a project. However, it crashes instantly on execution. I have added only a single line of functional code attempting to initialize an authentication object, but the program is crashing even before it reaches the attempt.

Before I go any further down what could be a very long and frustrating road, I would like to know if there are any fundamental incompatibilities that would make this impossible.

I am currently using quite a few third-party libraries, including portaudio and openssl, but many of these open-source libraries were written to be portable, and the Zoom SDK appears not to be in that category.

There are a number of possible solutions, including recompiling the Qt project with the Visual C++ compiler instead of MinGW.

Any and all advice would be welcome.

1 Like

Hi cboggs,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Would you mind providing an executable project with the Qt framework and the MinGW compiler so that we could further investigate the issue you are facing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sure, here’s a link to a minimal Qt project:

Note that I have the Zoom library installed under C:\Libraries\zoom-sdk-windows-master

And rather than attempt to adapt the demo program, which is extremely VC-centric, I’m attempting to do the bare minimum to include and link anything at all from Zoom, one step at a time. But I can’t even get past the very first step (which, if I’m interpreting correctly, is initializing the authentication system.)

Hi cboggs,

Thanks for sharing this. I will forward this to the engineering team for investigation and keep you updated.

Thanks!