Errors at time compile in c++ application

Hi everyone. I followed the steps from the zoom sdk integration instruction [https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/windows/getting-started/integration]. But when I include zoom_sdk.h, I get the following errors.

Maybe someone can help me?

• SDK version: v5.4.54802.0124
  • Compiler: msvc2019 32bit
  • Config: release + win32

Hello,

I receive similar errors. I also followed the SDK integration instructions for the Windows client SDK.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/windows/getting-started/integration

It looks like all the errors come from the zoom_sdk_def.h included in other header files (in my case so far, zoom_sdk.h and auth_service_interface.h).

• SDK Version: 5.4.54802.0124
  • Config: Release x86

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber & @genaa.ru,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Can you compare your linking settings with the one in the demo application? Can you also compare your DLL folder location to the one in the demo application? My suspicion is that your applications are having trouble finding all the necessary DLL’s.

Thanks!
Michael

Excuse for troubling, I checked all the project properties, but I get the same errors, here are screenshots. The bin, h and lib folders are in the project folder.

Hey @genaa.ru,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Can you provide screenshots of your bin folder, your release folder, and the folder that your .sln file is in?

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you for helping. Here’s what you asked for.

Hello, Michael! Thank you! I’m attaching screenshots of my project configs and the folders you requested.

General config properties:

VC++ Directories:

Linker General config:

C/C++ General config:

Project base folder:
Zoom_project_folder

Project bin folder:

Project sln folder:
Zoom_project_sln_folder

Project Release folder:
Zoom_project_release_folder

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber and @genaa.ru,

Sorry, can you also provide a screenshot of your Linker->Input settings in VS?
Also @tom_nicholsfaber, I believe you need to add the path to your header file in the C/C+±>General->Additional Include Directories. For example, Mine looks like this:

One other thing I noticed, that was different: Under Linker->General-> I am adding the path to the lib folder:

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for your reply. All settings are the same, but unfortunately, there are still errors.

Hey @genaa.ru,

Would you be able to email your project over to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us so that I can look at it? Please include my name and a link to this post in the email.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi, Michael. Thanks again! Here is the screenshot for my Linker->Input settings:

I added the header directory to the C/C+±>General->Additional Include Directories and the lib directory to Linker->General->Additional Library Directories. When I compile now, I get fewer errors. I notice you also have the duilib. I tried including that as well, but that hasn’t seemed to help.

Updated Linker->General:

Updated C/C+±>General:

Updated (shorter) list of compile errors:

Thank you!
Tom

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber,

You dont need DUILib unless you are trying to run the demo application or you actually want to use DUILib for your UI. Can you add sdk.lib to your additional dependencies for Linker->Input?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

I took out the duilib references as I won’t need them, and I added the sdk.lib path into Linker->Input->Additional Directories. Unfortunately, I’ll still getting the same compile errors as the last message.

Thank you!
Tom

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber,

Hmm, interesting. Would you be able to zip up your project and email it to me at DeveloperSupport@zoom.us so that I can investigate further? Please do not include any private information in the project. When emailing developer support, please mention my name and provide a link to this post.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber,

I looked at your project and saw that Windows.h was not included. You need to add
#include <Windows.h> as the SDK is dependent on the Windows API.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon ,

Thank you very much! I added that to the top of my includes, and almost all of the compiler errors have vanished. There are just two now, both for the GetVersion() function declaration in zoom_sdk.h.

Thanks again!

–Tom

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber,

Ahh yes that is a naming collision between the windows api and the Zoom SDK. I would say just comment that function out in the header file it belongs in. You can get the version number in the version.txt file instead. I will submit a bug report for that.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

Ah, okay. That makes sense. I’ll go ahead and comment that out.

Thank you much!

–Tom

1 Like

Hey @tom_nicholsfaber,

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:
Please let us know if you run into anything else.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.