Queries against zoom API reports

Description
I am gathering stats from below zoom APIs for reporting purpose:

1. Get Daily Usage Report (/report/daily).
  2. List Users (/users)
  3. Get Meetings Report (/report/users/<>/meetings?from=2020-03-18&to=2020-03-18)

I extracted and consolidated data for 03/18 using these 3 APIs.
Below are my concerns/queries regarding the same:
Get Daily Usage Report gives me a total count of 4126 meetings held on 03/18.
Next, I fetched all users in my company account with zoom id and used these to fetch individual meeting record for these users. The count comes out to be 2478.
I wish to understand the reason for this discrepancy and what I may be doing wrong here.

Please let me know if a session is required.

NOTE: I checked that Get Meetings Report is supposed to fetch meeting with 2 or more unique participant but somehow I see that this behavior is not consistent in reports. It has data for meetings with participant count as 1 and surprisingly sometimes even 0 (though a host is also counted as a participant).

Hey @aaggarwa,

What type query param are you passing in for the Get Meetings Report endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am not passing “type” as a query parameter. so I assume it must be defaulting it to type=past.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @aaggarwa,

Gotcha, if you want to also include meetings where only 1 person was in it, then you will need to make a seperate call using the pastOne query param.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

One more question here.
We are using “Get active/inactive host reports” with type=active to fetch daily active host data. Just above host specific data it gives extract like below.

“from”: “2020-05-11”,
“to”: “2020-05-11”,
“page_count”: 4,
“page_number”: 1,
“page_size”: 300,
“total_records”: 1131,
“total_meetings”: 2085,
“total_participants”: 9259,
“total_meeting_minutes”: 361567,

We see that the total_meetings, total_participants, total_meeting_minutes is similar to the same retrieved from “Get Daily Usage report” but is differing by big margins on few specific dates.

Is there a specific reason for the same? If you wish i can share the dates where the difference is more than a certain threshold and you can check if this can be due to some upgrade or activity happening in zoom?

Thanks,
Abhishek Aggarwal

Hey @aaggarwa,

Yes, please send the dates and the different results so I can debug why they are off.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I tried attaching the excel which could have been helpful with your analysis but seems the system allows only attaching snapshots. i am attaching a snapshot here but will try sending the file by mail as well.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi tommy,

PFA the file for your reference.

Thanks,
Abhishek

(Attachment zoom_Summary_Deviation.xlsx is missing)

Hey @aaggarwa,

Please send the file and issue you are having to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Sent the file at developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Thanks @aaggarwa,

We will take a look as soon as we can.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Since it has been already a week since I shared the details do we have any ETA on the request.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Tommy,

One quick question, while fetching the participant data from zoom we see that sometimes a participants name is present, sometimes email address is present and sometimes both name and email address are present in fetched data. We assume this can be cos a person can enter either while joining a session as a participant.

Is there a global setting/configuration available at Organization Account level which can make it mandatory for anyone joining in a session to provide their email address?

Thanks,
Abhishek Aggarwal

Hi Tommy,

Please help with the last query.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @aaggarwa,

Yes, you can enable the require users to be signed into Zoom when joining meetings setting.

Or you can enable meeting registration.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Meeting registration looks like a good option since it does not need a participant to have a zoom account.

Follow-up questions:

1. Is it possible to make it Mandatory for a host to select it while setting up a meeting? Say, read-only checked by default.
  2. Also, I was able to find this option when logged in from browser but not from Zoom App. It will be great if you can direct me to where this option is available in App.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Tommy,

Please help with above questions. This can help us setup standards at our end to log clean data.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @aaggarwa,

No.

I don’t think you can do it from the Zoom app, only the Zoom Web Portal.

Feel free to clarify these questions with support.zoom.us since they are not related to the Zoom API.

Thanks,
Tommy