Queries against zoom API reports

Description
I am gathering stats from below zoom APIs for reporting purpose:

1. Get Daily Usage Report (/report/daily).
  2. List Users (/users)
  3. Get Meetings Report (/report/users/<>/meetings?from=2020-03-18&to=2020-03-18)

I extracted and consolidated data for 03/18 using these 3 APIs.
Below are my concerns/queries regarding the same:
Get Daily Usage Report gives me a total count of 4126 meetings held on 03/18.
Next, I fetched all users in my company account with zoom id and used these to fetch individual meeting record for these users. The count comes out to be 2478.
I wish to understand the reason for this discrepancy and what I may be doing wrong here.

Please let me know if a session is required.

NOTE: I checked that Get Meetings Report is supposed to fetch meeting with 2 or more unique participant but somehow I see that this behavior is not consistent in reports. It has data for meetings with participant count as 1 and surprisingly sometimes even 0 (though a host is also counted as a participant).

Hey @aaggarwa,

What type query param are you passing in for the Get Meetings Report endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am not passing “type” as a query parameter. so I assume it must be defaulting it to type=past.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @aaggarwa,

Gotcha, if you want to also include meetings where only 1 person was in it, then you will need to make a seperate call using the pastOne query param.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

One more question here.
We are using “Get active/inactive host reports” with type=active to fetch daily active host data. Just above host specific data it gives extract like below.

“from”: “2020-05-11”,
“to”: “2020-05-11”,
“page_count”: 4,
“page_number”: 1,
“page_size”: 300,
“total_records”: 1131,
“total_meetings”: 2085,
“total_participants”: 9259,
“total_meeting_minutes”: 361567,

We see that the total_meetings, total_participants, total_meeting_minutes is similar to the same retrieved from “Get Daily Usage report” but is differing by big margins on few specific dates.

Is there a specific reason for the same? If you wish i can share the dates where the difference is more than a certain threshold and you can check if this can be due to some upgrade or activity happening in zoom?

Thanks,
Abhishek Aggarwal

Hey @aaggarwa,

Yes, please send the dates and the different results so I can debug why they are off.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I tried attaching the excel which could have been helpful with your analysis but seems the system allows only attaching snapshots. i am attaching a snapshot here but will try sending the file by mail as well.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi tommy,

PFA the file for your reference.

Thanks,
Abhishek

(Attachment zoom_Summary_Deviation.xlsx is missing)

Hey @aaggarwa,

Please send the file and issue you are having to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Sent the file at developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Thanks @aaggarwa,

We will take a look as soon as we can.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Since it has been already a week since I shared the details do we have any ETA on the request.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Tommy,

One quick question, while fetching the participant data from zoom we see that sometimes a participants name is present, sometimes email address is present and sometimes both name and email address are present in fetched data. We assume this can be cos a person can enter either while joining a session as a participant.

Is there a global setting/configuration available at Organization Account level which can make it mandatory for anyone joining in a session to provide their email address?

Thanks,
Abhishek Aggarwal