Query about the `user_type` value for large_meetings in List webinars and List Meetings endpoints

I want to check how effectively a “large_meeting” license is being used. The “user_type” field of the List Webinar endpoints provides me with the value “Licensed|Webinar1000|Large1000”. Does the entry with this user_type correspond to Large meeting?

I am a bit confused with the response here, since the large meeting add-on can only be used with Zoom meetings and not Zoom webinar, right?

My use case is to check the meetings hosted using this large meetings add-on, and check if this add-on was effectively used, based on the number of participants.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/metrics/webinar
/metrics/meetings

Thanks in advance

Hey @akankshkn91,

If a user has a Webinar 1000 License and a Large Meeting 1000 license, they will both be displayed in the user_type field. As you saw, the same is true when using the List Meetings Dashboard API.

This is because the user type includes these features regardless of what the user is currently engaged in.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM , Thank you for the response.

I have few queries regarding how this works.

1. Can the large meetings add-on used with both Zoom meetings and Zoom webinars? In the Zoom pricing page, I can see an option to buy this add-on only when I select Zoom meetings.

2. In the List Webinars Dashboard API when the “user_type” value is “Webinar 1000|Large 1000”, does this mean that large_meeting add-on was associated with this meeting?

3. How does the value for the “user_type” look like when a large_meeting add-on was used along with the meeting? (Currently my app does not have this scope added, so I was curious how this response looks like.)

Any clarifications on these would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @akankshkn91,

Happy to help clarify!

Can the large meetings add-on used with both Zoom meetings and Zoom webinars? In the Zoom pricing page, I can see an option to buy this add-on only when I select Zoom meetings

Capacity for meetings and webinars are controlled by their respective licenses. The large-meeting add-on only applies to Meetings. For Webinars, you need to choose your plan based o capacity desired:

1. In the List Webinars Dashboard API when the “user_type” value is “Webinar 1000|Large 1000”, does this mean that large_meeting add-on was associated with this meeting?

This means the capacity of the Webinar (based on your plan), was 1000

1. How does the value for the “user_type” look like when a large_meeting add-on was used along with the meeting? (Currently my app does not have this scope added, so I was curious how this response looks like.)

This would reflect “Licensed” and the add-on if applicable.

Let us know if this helps to clarify. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom . Thanks for the clarifications. I have few more queries.

Why do we have the “Webinar1000|Large1000” as “user_type” for the list webinar dashboard if the large meeting add-on can only be associated with Zoom meetings?

Also, is there any way for me to track only the meetings hosted using the large meetings add-on?

Any information in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey @akankshkn91,

Regarding your question about why Large 1000 appears in the webinar dashboard, this is likely because the license object contains both values across endpoints, but it’s a good question—I’ll be happy to share this feedback with our team.

In regards to:

Also, is there any way for me to track only the meetings hosted using the large meetings add-on?

There is not a single API call for this. However, you can query users who have this license type, and then pull meetings for those users.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.