Questions about app submission

Hello Team,

I have 2 questions regarding app submission.

Currently we have a web service running in a production env. New zoom app integrating the web service is under development. We are preparing to submit the app. Here are my questions.

1. How many days does the approval process generally take for the “Request to share this app outside this account”. As far as I understand, the request should be approved before deploying the app to the production env to submit the app since our clients use our service in production.

2. About TDD(Technical Design Document), do you mean that apps which answer “yes” to all of the questions can only pass the security test? Currently our app does not undergo 3rd Party Application penetration testing periodically. Should we do it? or you just want to know the actual situation?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Kasumin ,

Typically it takes up to 14 business days.

Not necessarily, it’s evaluated holistically and we want to know the actual situation.

Hope this helps!

Gianni

1 Like

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for your reply.
I have another question related to my first question “Request to share this app outside this account”.

I found out that I have to send Test Design Document with the request.In TDD I have to write Test Account Credentials.

Here is the situation, we have to release Zoom integration features to production environment to let Zoom test team to check. At the same time we have existing customers using our service in production environment now. They can’t use Zoom integration before approval.

How can I proceed the approval process? How can I make it available in production environment to Zoom team but not to the existing customers?

Thank you
Kasumin

Hi @Kasumin ,

If you already have a published version customers are using, the testing team should be okay to use your development credentials provided all of the updates have been made there!

Gianni

1 Like

Hi @gianni.zoom

Sounds good!
Is that all? or will they test in production afterward?

Kasumin

Hi @kasumin,

Explain in your app notes that it will be deployed to production pending their review and you should be set, but the marketplace team reviewers will provide the most accurate answer for your situation.

Thank you,
Gianni

1 Like

Hello @gianni.zoom

I have new question about "development credentials " you mentioned before.

Do you mean the “development credential” in “Local Test” menu in zoom app page?

If so there is a problem. We’ve created multiple apps; one for production, one for staging, and one for development. This time of course we will submit production app but I’d like to send the staging info for Zoom test team, the staging links to the staging app not production app. Both the production environment and the staging environment contain the same information. This is just how we manage the data. Is it acceptable for zoom test team?

Thank you,

Kasumin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.