Questions about creating and hosting Meetings/Webinars by users

Hello, we are planning on creating a web application that integrates zoom meetings/webinars using the Web SDK and I have two questions regarding the API calls on the limit and cost per meeting/webinar per user created.

So, reading the documentation I found that to have concurrent webinars/meetings, we have to create multiple users using the “POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users” API endpoint.

1. Each user created will have up to 100 request withing 24 hours to create his meetings. Does this limit applies to the creation of Webinars too ?

2. If a user is created, will he be able to host and create Webinars without paying for an additional license or fees ?
    For example if I have only one main account with a Pro License and Webinar Plan, using his credentials ( token ) I create multiple users. Can each user created using this main account credentials/token, host different Webinars simultaneously created with the “POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/webinars” endpoint without additional Licenses needed to be purchased for each one of them ? Or do we need to pay for another License for each user created to host multiple Webinars simultaneously ?

Thanks for your time and answers !

Hey @Binks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

Each user created will have up to 100 request withing 24 hours to create his meetings. Does this limit applies to the creation of Webinars too ?

Currently, the Create a Meeting rate limit does not apply to the Create a Webinar API. However, the Light Rate Limit does still apply.

If a user is created, will he be able to host and create Webinars without paying for an additional license or fees ?

If you purchased the Webinar add-on, you’ll be able to add the Webinar feature to any licensed user.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM,

Yes, thank you for your reply. It helps a lot !

Just to make sure I understood correctely and clarify some things for the 2nd question, I can have one Webinar add-on and after that, I can add it tu multiple Licensed users that I create ?
(Basically One Webinar add-on to Many Licensed Users or One Webinar add-on to One Licensed User ?)

And last question concerning the meetings, to be able to have meetings for more than 40 minutes, each user created needs to be Licensed too ? In the pricings, I read that for the Pro License, we can have up to 9 Licenses per Account, that means that I can have up to 9 Licenses users ?

Thanks again !

Hey @Binks,

Thank you for the update. That’s correct! When you purchase the Webinar add-on it is essentially a one-to-many relationship meaning that for the one Webinar add-on that you purchase each of the 9 licenses that you purchase (if using a Pro plan) has the ability to include the Webinar feature.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Ok that’s perfect thanks a lot for your help !

Thanks for I had the same question.

2 Likes

Hey @brannonhane38 and @Binks,

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.