Questions about licenses and creating meeting request limit in a day

Description
Hi, we are developing live commerce-like service using Zoom API and Zoom web SDK.
We plan to subscribe Pro Plan and to buy some licenses, and then to assign them to our members to make it enable for us to crate meetings by API.

The questions are:

1. If someone gets a license from us, can he authenticate himself by using our JWT token, which we can get from marketplace?

2. API reference (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate) says crating meeting API has a daily rate limit of 100 requests per day. Then if person A and person B get each license from us and crate each 50 meetings by API, what happens? Request limit has been reached? Can’t they crate meetings the day?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth2.0, JWT, Webhook

Hey @koezukar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

If you add a user to your account, subsequent calls to the API, for instance the List Users API, will include that user. The JWT credentials pertain to all users, meetings, etc. on your account.

I’ll note that the Rate Limit for the Create a Meeting API is per user. This means that if you had two users (User A and User B) you would be able to create 100 meetings per user per day for a total of 200 meetings.

I hope that clears things up! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
Thanks a lot for reply.

I have one more question:
I assume that the number of our creating meeting request is reset when it has reached 12:00 midnight, but which time zone are zoom’s servers using? Would it be UTC-8, then the number of request would be reset 12:00 night UTC-8?

Hey @koezukar,

I’m glad that was helpful! The rate limits will reset at 00:00 UTC (midnight):

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
Thanks a lot! This will be so helpful for our app development.

Are there other endpoints that has any restrictions?

Hey @koezukar ,

If there are endpoint specific limitations, they will be mentioned on the respective endpoint page. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, our rate limits are listed here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/rate-limits

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.