Questions about Meeting hosts and embedding sites in the Zoom native app

I’m using v3.1.6 of the Meeting SDK, with the Component view.

I’m having a bit of trouble finding applicable documentation for the following two issues, and I would greatly appreciate any information/documentation you may have on if these two actions are possible, and how to do them if so -

1. I would like to be able to create meetings via the API that are hosted by users who aren’t necessarily associated with my account - is this possible to do? I tried using the schedule_for field in the API request, but it wouldn’t work unless I used the email associated with my account. Is this possible, using a server-to-server OAuth app? Or do the external users need to OAuth to my Meeting app, and then schedule the meetings themselves (presumably with an API request I can create for them)?

2. I would like to embed a page from my site, unique to each meeting, that would allow users to input their name/email from the Zoom native app so they can request access to join a meeting that would be approved by a user on my site with the admission methods provided by the Meeting SDK. Is there a way to embed a specific page per-meeting into the Zoom native app like this?

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you need any other details.

1 Like

I would like to be able to create meetings via the API that are hosted by users who aren’t necessarily associated with my account - is this possible to do? I tried using the schedule_for field in the API request, but it wouldn’t work unless I used the email associated with my account

schedule_for is used for personal assistance of account to schedule for on behalf. If you want to create a meeting for a user, you can just create directly using the create meeting API. However if those users are not associated with your account, you will need to

• create an oauth app
  • get the user to approve and give permission for your oauth app for the following scope
    • read meeting
    • write meeting

. Is this possible, using a server-to-server OAuth app? Or do the external users need to OAuth to my Meeting app, and then schedule the meetings themselves (presumably with an API request I can create for them)?

In this case, you can create an Oauth app. If you are going to create meeting for most accounts in this external accounts, you can create an account level app, else create a user level app.

You don’t need to use schedule_for, just using create meeting API will do.

Thanks, very good info! @chunsiong.zoom Do you happen have any info in regards to my second question (pasted again below) -

I would like to embed a page from my site, unique to each meeting, that would allow users to input their name/email from the Zoom native app so they can request access to join a meeting that would be approved by a user on my site with the admission methods provided by the Meeting SDK. Is there a way to embed a specific page per-meeting into the Zoom native app like this?

@wbugenis

I would like to embed a page from my site, unique to each meeting, that would allow users to input their name/email from the Zoom native app so they can request access to join a meeting that would be approved by a user on my site with the admission methods provided by the Meeting SDK. Is there a way to embed a specific page per-meeting into the Zoom native app like this?

You want to build this in the Zoom Native App?

• You will need to create a Zoom App
  • Use the Zoom App to take inputs from users, namely name and email
  • Use your own custom workflow to prompt host for permission to be added as participant.
  • If approved, use the Zoom REST API to add these users as Meeting Participant.
1 Like