Rate Limit & 24 hours

Hi,
The rate limit for “create a meeting” is 100 calls in 24 hours. How is this measured?
I mean, when do the 24 hours start and how is this calculated?
Does it start for every single call? Like I did one at 1pm and 24 hours later that call I did on 1pm is deleted from your log? Or is it like, when 100 are reached, the account is blocked for 24 hours after reaching 100?

1 Like

Hi @m.bayraktar,

Daily rate limits are reset at 00:00 UTC.

It’s worth noting that this limit is only applied at the user level, not the account level, for example you could create 100 meetings for 10 different users (1000 meetings total) in one 24 hour period.

Thanks,
Alex

Oh I see. OK good to know.
I didn’t get the part with user & account. What is the difference?
I created an App with my account “m.bayraktar”. I’m using a JWT Token for create meetings.
I was actually considering to create several m.bayraktar+test accounts and in these create several JWT Apps. Then I was going to change my credentials when calling the API.
If you have a better solution for my problem, I’d really welcome it.

Hey @m.bayraktar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, I can confirm the information provided by @alexmayo is correct. Further, I’m happy to clear up any confusion regarding accounts versus users.

The distinction is that one account can have many users. When you bring up creating several test users, these users would be created under the one Zoom account that you have. On that same note, as JWT apps are account-level, you would have one API Key and Secret to share across the users that you create as they would all be under the same account.

We have an excellent post covering this:

https://medium.com/zoom-developer-blog/a-brief-look-at-zoom-account-structures-1d19c745bf8a

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Yeah but from that I understand now, because the API Key and Secret are account-bound and all users would use the same JWT app, I’d still need several accounts to bypass the rate limit?

Hey @m.bayraktar,

While most rate limits are applied at the account-level, the Create a Meeting API measures rate limits at the user-level.

Please see our rate limit documentation for more information. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

OK nice to know.
I do have a free account. How do I create several users with their own JWT App? I couldn’t find anything on the marketplace.

Hey @m.bayraktar,

Thank you for your question. As the JWT token is set at the account-level, it’s shared for all users on your account. If you wanted more granular control of users and scopes, you can use an OAuth App where users would authorize the app individually and would each have their own access tokens.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.