Rate Limiting questions

Hello,
I’m trying to figure out where the rate limit for an api resides. Does it exist within the account which an app is installed on, or is it on the level of the account that published the app?

For example, If I publish my app, and 5 people download it, can I do 20 req. / second with a medium api in total distributed among all 5 installations?
Or can 20 requests be done for each one completely separate from one another.

On that same note, if one of the users has a Business account, and the other a Pro account, and I have a free account to publish the app
When they install it, are they limited to what my free account is capable of? Or can my app take advantage of a Business accounts 80 req. / second and etc?

Thank you.

Hey @mason.richardson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question! When you create an OAuth App you are essentially making requests on behalf of that user/account. This means that the rate limits would be isolated to their account.

Conversely, if you are using a JWT App the requests made with those credentials will be specific to the account that created the app.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.