Raw data license

Hello!

How can one obtain the raw data license mentioned in your SDK docs here: https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-electron/class_zoom_node_raw_data_license_wrap.html ?

I am trying to use the raw data API with the Electron SDK, but it doesn’t work and the HasRawDataLicense function returns the SDKRawDataError_NO_LICENSE error.

1 Like

Hi kodmivi,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. I will consult the engineering team regarding this and I will get back to you on this shortly.

Thanks!

Hi!

Any updates here? I’m also interested in this license.

Hi Anton1,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. I will contact you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi @Carson_Chen ,

Any updates on this ? How to obtain the raw data license ?

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi deepak,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. I will contact you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi!
I also want to know how to obtain a raw data license.
Do you have any plan?

Hi jslee,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Currently we have suspended the raw data license request process so we do not offer a raw data license at the moment. We will continue to investigate the feasibility to make this feature more accessible.

Thanks!

Hi!
I also want to know how to obtain a raw data license.
When will the raw data license request process resume?

Hi @ttanimura,

Thanks for your interested in the raw data license. We do not have an ETA for this at the moment. Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks!

HI there, any news on when this will be available?

Hi @lynne,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Currently there is no news for this. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

I’m also wondering when this will be available… We’re building an app to help teachers in virtual classes and the suspension is very unfortunate. When do you expect to have updates on this or alternatively is there an Education team that we could work with at Zoom?

Hi @berk,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Currently we do not have any updates on this. If you are working with our education team, you may reach out to them and they will investigate and try to find alternatives.

Thank you.

Hi, I would like inquire if there are any updates on this?

Hi @tyler,

We do not yet have any updates regarding raw data licenses for the Client SDK.

The Video SDK does provide raw data access out of the box, and may be worth considering as an alternative option in the meantime. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

My understanding is that the Video SDK is not compatible with normal Zoom calls though. Is that true?

Best

Hi @chou,

Yes, your understanding is correct. The Video SDK uses sessions, which are not part of the Zoom meeting ecosystem.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Thanks. And assuming raw data licenses are still not publicly available? If they are please put me on the list :slight_smile:

Best,

Hi @chou,

Unfortunately raw data licenses are still not publicly available.

Thanks!