Receive local recording permissions through an OAuth app

Description
I’m starting building a Zoom bot which is invited to a meeting and records the raw audio/video from a meeting for each participant, but am struggling with the documentation to understand which apps need creating and what permissions are needed. I’ve created a Meetings SDK instance, I have started building a C++ app which authenticates correctly and I am now working on getting the app to join a meeting. According to the documentation here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/meeting-sdk/windows/raw-data/#receive-local-recording-permission-through-an-oauth-app I need to create a public OAuth app, which gets installed by the meeting host, with Meeting_token:read:local_recording scope permission.

I’m struggling to understand how my Meeting SDK communicates with an OAuth app though, I originally created a Server-to-server OAuth app and I was able to access the Zoom API with the generated credentials. But with a standard OAuth app, I don’t seem to understand how I will authenticate against the Zoom API - as I don’t have an Account ID any more?
Step 2 of the raw-data guide link above states:
Once the SDK app has the meeting ID it needs to join, have it call the “Get a meeting’s join token for local recording” REST API endpoint
Which credentials does my SDK app need to use in order to get that?
Step 3 then states:
Have your OAuth app pass the returned token to your Meeting SDK app.

How do I pass a token from the OAuth app to the Meeting SDK app? This is very vague, I don’t understand how these 2 separate apps are supposed to communicate and pass this information?

I assume I’m missing something in terms of understanding how an OAuth app in the marketplace can be interacted with by a Meeting SDK application, so apologies for the no doubt daft question.

Many thanks

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

Hi @kai-conversations,

Here are some responses inline

I’m struggling to understand how my Meeting SDK communicates with an OAuth app though, I originally created a Server-to-server OAuth app and I was able to access the Zoom API with the generated credentials. But with a standard OAuth app, I don’t seem to understand how I will authenticate against the Zoom API - as I don’t have an Account ID any more?

OAuth App are user level, they will prompt each user to give permission to your application. In this, you will prompt users for recording token permission (user lev. Server to server OAuth application on the other hand does not require user permission, as S2S OAuth model requires admin to give permission for all users in the zoom account (account level).

Step 2 of the raw-data guide link above states:
Once the SDK app has the meeting ID it needs to join, have it call the “Get a meeting’s join token for local recording” REST API endpoint
Which credentials does my SDK app need to use in order to get that?

A successful S2S OAuth or OAuth flow will provide you with a bearer token, which can be used to call the REST API endpoint

Step 3 then states:
Have your OAuth app pass the returned token to your Meeting SDK app.

How do I pass a token from the OAuth app to the Meeting SDK app? This is very vague, I don’t understand how these 2 separate apps are supposed to communicate and pass this information?

At code level, you would want to put the token in your app_provilege_token before joining the meeting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.