Recording.complete webhook event payload missing passcode field

Description
Using the Zoom Webhooks, the recording.complete event payload used to include a password field which contained the passcode for recordings that had that setting enabled. Requests I’ve received since 10/19/2020 have not included that field.

Is this an intended change to the API? If so, what is the preferred way to give my users access to meeting recordings that have passcode protection enabled?

Hey @adam.sheaffer,

That seems odd. Can you please share these details and the full webhook JSON you are getting to developersupport@zoom.us so we can investigate this?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply @tommy

Happy to send this tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you’ll notice that the JSON schema in the webhook documentation also does not include a password field now

hi, we have the same problem, is there a solution? we have schools that cannot access the recordings

Hi @mcordero,

I’ve raised this with our team and we’re looking into this. (ZOOM-209532) I will update this thread once I have confirmation on the expected behavior here.

Thanks,
Will

@mcordero @adam.sheaffer,

Our team has identified a bug that’s preventing the passcode from appearing in the payload as expected, and they’re actively working on a fix. This should be addressed shortly, and I’ll follow up here once this is fully resolved. (ZOOM-209532).

Thanks,
Will

Thanks Will, please let us know when the error is corrected.

Best regards,

Hi @mcordero,

This should be released very shortly.

Thanks,
Will

@mcordero @adam.sheaffer,

A fix has been released for this, and you should now see the passcode reflected in the webhook payload as expected. Let us know if you see any issues.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thanks Will, we will test the webhook now,

Best regards,

1 Like

Sounds good—let us know if you still see any issues, @mcordero.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.