Register Meeting attendees via API without OAuth authentication, without jwt access

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description

The answer in the above thread describes how to enable participants to register for a meeting at their end with the help of jwt, without having to authenticat them through OAuth.

My question is: Is there any way to register users for my meetings through the API at my end without getting jwt access?

Previously, as an account admin, I have been using jwt for registering users for a meeting at my end using a list of names and email ids through the API. However, my new account is under an organization and I do not have access to jwt app creation in the marketplace ( which is legit since this is an account level privilege ).

Since registration for a user can be done manually ( using the registration link ) through the website without having account level privileges or OAuth, I feel there must be a programmatic way for this as well.

Error
This is not an error, but an enquiry about a use case.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
NA

Which Endpoint/s?
NA

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
NA

Screenshots (If applicable)
NA

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @aolmlbfl,

Thank you for reaching out about this, and happy to confirm.

To that end, I should clarify that you will only be able to use JWT credentials from your own account to authenticate requests to register participants to a webinar created under your account. You will not, however, be able to use your own JWT credentials to register users to a webinar created under a different account. If you need to do this, you would need to utilize OAuth and have end users authorize your app to make requests on their behalf.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Thanks for the answer, Will.
I tried going through the marketplace and create jwt keys, but it asks to contact admin. Can you guide me as to what steps should the admin perform to grant me the jwt credentials just for my account ( and not the whole organization’s account )?

Hi @aolmlbfl,

You will need developer privileges granted to you from the Account Owner or Admin on your account.
​
They can follow these steps to grant a member this privilege:

1. Navigate to the User Management section of your Zoom.us account
  2. Click Edit to the right of the user
  3. From the popup, select the User Role dropdown and apply a role to the user that contains the Zoom for Developers privilege

If your account doesn’t have a role for this yet, you can create one by following these steps (before steps 1-3 above):

1. Navigate to the Role Management section of your Zoom.us account

2. Click Add Role on the upper right hand side of your screen, name the role and continue through the popup

3. Scroll down to Advanced Features and select check the boxes on Zoom for Developers:

4. ​

5. Hit Save Changes and proceed to the first steps above for User Management.

Once you have this privilege, you should be able to access the Zoom Marketplace/JWT app credentials without an issue.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.