Register Webinar attendees via API

Description
I would like to register attendees for Zoom webinars using a custom form on my company website. Visitors could be from any company and therefore different Zoom accounts. It seems the only possible way to register them via API, i.e. without navigating to a Zoom domain, is to create a bespoke, OAuth application in the marketplace that must be published publicly, and then the visitor must engage in the OAuth flow just to submit their email and name as an attendee.

Is there no other way to register via API? It doesn’t seem like getting OAuth would be necessary to simply add name and email to an attendee list. I am concerned that site visitors may be barred from registering as an attendee if they cannot install the app on their own/company’s Zoom account. The registration URL that Zoom generates for each webinar doesn’t require any sort of login, so why is OAuth required? Can it be done with JWT?

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I have a User-managed OAuth app set up, but am curious if this is really necessary for my purposes.

Which Endpoint/s?
/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
Perhaps I’m misunderstanding what is the purpose of the Zoom app in my case

Hey @jkelly

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

These links didn’t provide much additional insight

1 Like

Hey @jkelly,

Actually, you can authenticate your requests to the Add Webinar Registrant endpoint with a JWT app.

You can follow the steps outlined in this article to create a JWT app in the Zoom Marketplace, in order to get these credentials:

After you create the app, you can access the API key and Secret by following the steps here, and generate a token to authenticate your request:

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.