Registration has not been enabled happening before meeting and dissappears at some point

Description
I have been using the Zoom API successfully for some time with no issue. For a couple of weeks, it sometimes happens that requests get the 404 registration has not been enabled for the create registrant API. This happens only to some of our users, because some are able to generate the join url we need in our app. The users keep trying to access the endpoint and zoom eventually answers with a 429 which appears because of rate limiting.
I find it very weird that this response appears for some participants, and for some it doesn’t (I also checked the approval_type (it is set to 1), but anyway some manage to register.
Seems like some recent changes have done this. Can you please hint a solution?

Error
{“code”:404,“message”:“Registration has not been enabled for this meeting: 84467028605.”}

Hey @raresmldvn31,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This seems to be related to a known issue which our engineering team is investigating as a priority.

Workaround

In instances where you receive a 404/"registration not enabled for meeting *****." error, you can make a subsequent PATCH request to the Update Meeting API with the original meeting settings for the Meeting ID returned in the error. On successful update, you can then re-attempt the registrant request after you’ve made this Update request. For example:

If you receive an error such as 404/"Registration has not been enabled for this meeting: *******." you can have this trigger a request such as:

PATCH https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{{Meeting ID}}
{
  "settings":{
    "approval_type": 0,
    "registration_type": 2
  }
}

I’ll be sure to update you here as the issue progresses. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I will implement the workaround for now :smiley:

Thanks @raresmldvn31 — we will keep this thread updated with the fix that our team is working on for this. (ZOOM-313416)

Best,
Will

Hey @will.zoom!
Any update on this? We’ve been running into the exact same issue for a while now

Hi @pierrealexislebrun,

Our team is currently working on a fix, and we anticipate this fix being released in our upcoming release in the next couple of weeks. :slight_smile:

@will.zoom we’ve been running into the same bug even with the workaround implemented these past few days. Do you have any other ideas about how to fix it?

Hey @raresmldvn31,

Can you share an example of the request you’re making and the response? Happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Sorry to be insistant on this but has the patch been released regarding this problem?

I am experiencing the same problem. :face_with_head_bandage:
@MaxM @will.zoom If it takes a long time to fix this bug, please temporarily remove the daily rate limit. :pray:

I’ve inspected the issue using our internal logs. As mentioned in the title of this thread, this issue disappears at some time. After that time, fresh users (who don’t try to register when the problem exists) can register for the meeting without any issues. Users who tried to register when the problem existed can’t try to register again after the issue disappeared as they have exceeded the daily rate limit of 3.

Hi @madhurasri @pierrealexislebrun we expect this issue to be fully resolved within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

Understood, thanks for the follow up!

Thank you, it’s a lot of pressure when someone asks you to fix a bug and it’s not really up to you to fix it :smiley:

No problem, we will continue to provide updates on this thread! Thanks again for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.