Remove sound from speakers

Hello

I am using Client/Meetings SDK. I need to get audio for for a specific user. For this I use MobileRTCAudioRawDataHelper. But when I get raw audio data I hear the sound of a meeting in the speakers of the device, but I don’t need it. How can I remove this

Hey @stas.hryhoriev,

Thanks for using the dev forum.
Are you using onMobileRTCMixedAudioRawData? If so, you should use onMobileRTCOneWayAudioAudioRawData instead.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello

I use onMobileRTCOneWayAudioAudioRawData for getting audio and it is works but also I hear this sound in iPad speakers. How can I mute it?

Thanks!

Hey @stas.hryhoriev,

To make sure I understand you correctly, You would like to receive the raw audio data from a specific user but not play that audio through the speakers?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello

Yes you are right.

Thanks!

Hey @stas.hryhoriev

I see! You can mute the audio playback of a specific user using:
- (BOOL)muteUserAudio:( BOOL )mute withUID:(NSUInteger)userID
in MobileRTCMeetingService

Swift:
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.muteUserAudio(true, withUID: userID)
Objective-C:
[[[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingService] muteUserAudio:YES withUID:userID];

Let me know if that works.
Thanks!
Michael

Hello

Unfortunately not. If I user - (BOOL)muteUserAudio:( BOOL )mute withUID:(NSUInteger)userID method I can not get audio data through onMobileRTCOneWayAudioAudioRawData method. It doesn’t play that audio through the speakers but also I cant receive the raw audio data from a specific user.

Thanks!

Hey @stas.hryhoriev,

Oh interesting! I was unaware that functionality existed. I will follow up with the team to see if there is a workaround for this.

Stay tuned.
Thanks!
Michael

Hey @stas.hryhoriev,

After conversing with the team, they have informed me that this is intended behavior with no known workaround.

Michael

Thank you so much. We will decide something

1 Like

Hey @stas.hryhoriev,

You are welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael