Replacing out-going video stream

I would like to create an iOS Zoom client, which replaces the out-going video stream (the video other meeting participants will see as if it came from my camera), applying filters and adding overlays. It is very much like a virtual camera on macOS.

Is it possible to make such an app using the client SDK (or fully customizable SDK)?
If not, does it become possible if we become a “partner” applying the partner program?

Hey @satoshi.nakajima,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Good question! This would be a perfect use-case for the Fully Customizable SDK. It provides access to raw video data and raw audio data so that you can modify your video streams. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/ios/advanced/raw-data
The client SDK, however does not provide the same level of access, so it would not be possible in that one.

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you for the quick answer, but the documentation says

“Fully Customizable SDK meetings are handled as video sessions and are not compatible with other Zoom Meetings or Webinars.”

Does it mean I can’t use this app for regular zoom meetings?

Hey @satoshi.nakajima,

That is correct. The video sessions used in the Fully Customizable SDK are incompatible with traditional Zoom Meetings, and vice-versa.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @zbigniew,

I have flagged your post as it does not fit this forum.
This forum is only for Zoom iOS SDK Developer questions.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Thanks, you’re right and I’m sorry, I have clearly misread the question. Apologies!

Hey @zbigniew,

No worries at all :slight_smile: , no need to apologize. This type of thing happens all the time.

Thanks for understanding.
Michael

1 Like