Resume Host after unintentionally close (browser or tab)

Description
Hi, I use Web API to create a meeting and use javascript on the front end as host to open the zoom meeting.

However, I’m currently trying to support closing the meeting unintentionally e.g. the browser window or the tab.

Is there a way for the original host to re-join the meeting session as a host.
Right now, we intend to make attendee to be approved before joining the meeting,
since the host was close unintentionally, when joining as host again will terminate the already created meeting, or when rejoining as attendee, no host to approve the request.

Which version?

Thank you.

Hey @fadli,

Yes, if you set the role to 1 when generating the signature, they should re join as the host.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you tommy.

I noticed that after a while, when the host not in the meeting,
other attendee will take over as a host. Is this can be prevented?
I havent test it yet for the above case, when host rejoin afterward,
is the attendee that took over as host remains as is?

Hey @fadli,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy When setting the role to 1 for signature generation, the host is still rejoining as a participant after leaving the meeting in version 1.7.8 and 1.7.10. Is there a way to ensure after the host leaves they rejoin as the host? Otherwise this is a major security issue for us as the host can’t get back the proper controls after leaving the meeting, network interruption, etc.

Hey @Benkoder,

We are aware of this issue and working on a fix:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thank you. Is there a way to track CS-2192 or a rough ETA on the release for the fix?

Hey @Benkoder,

That tracking code is for internal purposes. I will keep you updated here on the development and ETA.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi
Do you have any update for this issue?
CS-2192

Hey @isoft_mohammad.abula,

Thanks for following up. I can see that the issue is being actively worked on and we are considering at what version we will be able to add this. As the issue progresses, I’ll update you here.

Thanks,
Max