Host loses its role if it reloads the page

Description
Host loses its role if you reload the page, when you re-enter, it is identified as another user and is given the role of a guest, meanwhile, a random student who received the role of a host can mess things up.
Signature of host(teacher) and guest(student), generated on a server side, with (1 or 0) role, but this no help, how can I solve this problem with workarounds until zoom fix this bug.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT App

Hey @zoom26,

Our sincere apologies for the trouble—With version 1.8.0, if the host gets disconnected, use the same host signature (passing in role 1) and they will rejoin the meeting as the Co-Host.

That being said, the currently functionality if the host gets disconnected, one of the participants will be assigned the Host. Once the original Host rejoins, they will be the Co-Host.

We’re working on improving this experience. (CS-2192)

Thanks,
Will

I did this, generated a host signature, wrote it to my db, and used it when the host re-entered, nothing changed, he remained a guest as well, I note that all host users have a basic type, to become a co-host they need a license?

Hey @zoom26,

Can you share the Web SDK signature for a test meeting to developersupport@zoom.us, that you are using when not being able to re join as a co host?

Thanks,
Tommy

[signature redacted]

I hear that in a new version of SDK, will be fixed bug with host permission,
when will the new version be released?

Hey @zoom26,

Can you see if you have the Co-Host setting turned on?

Also yes, we are improving this in a future release.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.