Reusing Salesforce App (V1)'s OAuth Authorization for manual API calls

Hi all,

Introduction about upgrading from JWT auth to OAuth

We have just upgraded our Salesforce Zoom app/package (V1) after JWT authentication getting deprecated.

Apart from the “standard” functionality of the app/package, we also have a few “manual” API calls in our Apex code (e.g. fetching registrants for a meeting via /meetings/[meeting_id]/registrants etc.).

For these API calls we used to authenticate by generating the JWT token from the fields zoom_app__Zoom_API_Secret__c and zoom_app__Zoom_API_Key__c which are stored in the Salesforce org as part of the app/package config.

Now that the app/package is authorized via OAuth, is there a way to use that existing authorization in the “manual” API calls made from Apex?

If not, what is the recommended way to authorize these manual API calls?

Many thanks!
Roko

Hi @roko ,

Can you please link the origin of the migration guidance?

Integrations are more the domain of https://community.zoom.com/ , but I will try to offer guidance as I can. You should search there as well for your answer :slight_smile:

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for replying!
Here is the link to the knowledge article about migrating to OAuth: Salesforce migration to OAuth - Zoom Support

That is only for the Salesforce app/package itself though.
I suppose one option we have for those “manual” api calls that make in the code is to create a new Server-to-Server OAuth app in the marketplace, but I am wondering if that is the way to go or if there is a simpler option?

I have just searched through the topics at Zoom Community and haven’t found anything similar, so I created a new one, but I noticed almost none of the salesforce topics had any replies at all unfortunately.

Thank you,
Roko

Hi @gianni.zoom ,

Is paying $675 / $1650 / $2900 for “Premier Developer Support” really the only way to contact someone, anyone, at Zoom with knowledge on this matter?

I find it quite surprising and ridiculously inconvenient. I have tried all other possible channels so far and all have been nothing short of frustratingly futile.

Hi @roko ,

I hear your frustrations! I can open a support ticket for you on your behalf.

I will start a private message. In that message please send all supportive info such as:

• api key
  • developer email
  • screenshots of error
  • timeline of failure
  • how to reproduce