Rotated video views after first meeting

Description
In my app with custom UI enabled, I’m able to successfully initialize zoom, join a meeting, and display correct video views. However, if I leave the meeting (fragment and video views are completely removed), and rejoin (same as the first time except zoom is already initialized), the user’s video is rotated 90 degrees. This is true for both front- and back-facing cameras. If I repeat the problem stays the same. If I kill the app and re-initialize zoom and join the same meeting, the video is displayed correctly again.

This happens with both emulated and real devices and various MobileRTCVideoUnitAspectModes. It does not happen to the video views of other users in the same meeting, only with the user’s video view.

Any ideas what the problem is? I’d also like to know if there is a way to ‘shut down’ zoom, i.e. release any resources and initialize it every time I want to join a meeting, even during the same app session.

Which version?
v4.6.15801.0403

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Initialize zoom
  2. Join meeting with custom UI
  3. Leave meeting
  4. Re-join meeting, see rotated video view

Hi dlee,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. If you are using Custom UI, you could call rotateMyVideo interfaces in onResume listener to set the orientation.

Hope this helps. Thanks!