'Same as system' microphone device sometimes does not show

Description
One of the audio device options for both camera and microphone is ‘Same as system’. While implementing a video settings view using custom UI, I noticed that this device only sometimes returns from the SDK. I have been using getAudioDeviceList from ZoomSDKAudioSetting. Is this a known issue? I tried to test this in the sample application, but the custom UI there does not seem to have a button for audio/video settings.

This leads to my second question. I had been using the “Join only” option when testing things in the mac sample app. If I do this, instead of using a logged in user, does the sample app not show everything? I am pretty confused because I see an interface in the sample app called ZMSDKSettingWindowController, but I do not know how to actually get the sample app to show this. I dont see a settings button or anything when running the sample app in custom UI.

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a meeting
  2. Call getAudioDeviceList(true)
  3. Observe in some instances a “Same as system” device is returned with the other devices and sometimes it isnt

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, M1)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @BrobaFett,

Can you provide a bit more context around when this issue is present? This is not a known issue and I was unable to reproduce, so we’ll need some additional information to determine why this is happening. Also, you mentioned that it only happens sometimes. How frequently is the issue present?

This leads to my second question. I had been using the “Join only” option when testing things in the mac sample app. If I do this, instead of using a logged in user, does the sample app not show everything? I am pretty confused because I see an interface in the sample app called ZMSDKSettingWindowController, but I do not know how to actually get the sample app to show this. I dont see a settings button or anything when running the sample app in custom UI.

The sample app can definitely show different UI based on how you interact with it. The custom UI in the sample app does not have a settings button, but if you enter your ZAK (this doesn’t need to be an actual ZAK, any string will work for this purpose if you don’t intend to test an actual ZAK) you can access a window with a settings button.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.