Screen shared image or video not displayed when meeting is joined if phone orientation changes

Description
Hi,
When screen is shared , the image / video which is being displayed on the client or the host side will stop displaying if the screen orientation is changed in the meeting screen. We tried handling with mInMeetingVideoController.rotateMyVideo() but not working. This issue is happening on some phones and they are specified below.

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.2.42043.1112

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to Meeting screen from client side
  2. once the shared image or screen is visible change the orientation to landscape

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
This issue is reproduced on some android devices and able to reproduce it on below device.

• Device: Samsung Galaxy M51

Hi @abhishekt, thanks for the post.

I have not been able to reproduce this on the latest version of the SDK. Can you please try upgrading to the latest version and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom you mean the mentioned version by me is not the updated one ? Can you share the update sdk link here

Hi @abhishekt,

I cannot provide a link directly to the download since the URL will be unique to your account, but I am happy to assist with guiding you on where to find it.

First, navigate to the marketplace and log into your developer account. After successfully logging in, you will see a Manage button in the top right of the page. Click on that and then select your SDK app from the listed apps. You can find the SDK package available for download under the Download section. The latest version of the SDK will be marked as such.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or are having trouble locating the download. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

@jon.lieblich This issue remains same even after updating the Zoom SDK to latest one. The issue is reproducible on some Samsung devices as reported by our customers. Kindly try checking the issue at your end and let us know how we could handle it.

Version which we have updated at present is - v5.5.1.1319
Device details as below -
Device - Samsung Galaxy M51
OS - Android 11

Hi @abhishekt,

After looking into this further, I have been able to reproduce only for certain types of sharing. This behavior is not present when sharing the entire screen We will investigate this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom , kindly have a look at this issue and let us know if we could handle it from our end or get an updated SDK build.

Hi @abhishekt,

I do not believe that it will be possible to fix this without a fix in a new version of the SDK, but I will keep you posted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @abhishekt,

As it turns out, this can be fixed without an SDK update! :tada:

Please try adding the following attribute to your MeetingActivity in your manifest: android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize". Let me know if you are still experiencing any issues after making this change.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.