Screen sharing button not working in Web SDK

Description
On Chrome 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (x86_64) on macOS 10.15.7, the “Share Screen” button in the Zoom Web SDK (1.8.6) does not seem to work.

Error

• When clicking on the button, nothing happens. It was expected that a dialog would appear.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Run the sample web application locally.
  2. Click on “Join Audio by Computer”
  3. Click on “Share Screen”

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: MacBook Pro
  • Version: 10.15.7
  • Browser: Chrome 87.0.4280.141

Additional context

The SDK is embedded within an IFRAME in a React application, it is hosted via a HTTPS connection.
In theory, the Content Security Policy on the CDN or the IFRAME might limit the access to certain browser APIs, but the issue can be reproduced locally - independently whether the SDK is displayed standalone or within an IFRAME.

If there is a possibility to hide the screen sharing functionality, this would resolve this issue as well (for my use case).

Hey @matti ,

We are aware of this, and have seen this happen also when the Web SDK is embedded in a web view:

Since the Web SDK is not designed to work within an iFrame, my best suggestion for you is to use it outside of the iFrame and screen sharing should work. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy , thank you for the message.

I can reproduce the issue also when the SDK is running outside an IFRAME. The button does not do anything.

In order to get more information, I would need additional information on the root cause as no errors are logged. Is it due to a lack of permissions inside an IFRAME? Are you aware of a Content Security Policy preventing access to screen sharing?

Hey @matti ,

During the initial screen share, have you provided access for your browser? Perhaps you can check your computer and browser permissions.

Thanks,
Tommy