SDK Sample App doesn't build

Description
I am trying to get started with the macOS Video SDK, but the included sample app fails to build with a Could not build module 'ZMVideoSDK'

I separately tried to create my own sample app by following the initial steps, but I ultimately hit the same error message.

Which macOS Video SDK version?
v1.1.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Download the SDK, open in Xcode, Build and Run

Screenshots
CleanShot 2021-11-04 at 14.06.51@2x|300x500

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
  • Xcode: 13.1

Additional context
Note, I had to log in with my personal Zoom account, because my Video SDK account would not permit me to log in to the forums!!

Hi @Padraig, thanks for using the dev forum.

I’m not sure why you are seeing these issues on a fresh install of the sample app. Are you certain that you are opening the project from the correct directory and have not made any modifications to the code or build settings? Also, since you are getting the same error in your own application, would you be able to provide a demo application so that we can verify that everything was setup properly?

Note, I had to log in with my personal Zoom account, because my Video SDK account would not permit me to log in to the forums!!

Unfortunately, the authentication required by the dev forum is not compatible with Video SDK accounts. As a result, a regular Zoom account must be used.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response!

I’m not sure why you are seeing these issues on a fresh install of the sample app. Are you certain that you are opening the project from the correct directory and have not made any modifications to the code or build settings?

I just tried deleting Xcode build caches, re-downloading the SDK fresh, and opening the Xcode Project here:

zoom-video-sdk-macOS-1.1.1/Sample&Libs/Universal-Intel+M1/ZoomVideoSDKSample/ZoomVideoSDKSample.xcodeproj

It produces the same errors. I’m using Xcode 13.1 on an M1 Mac if that makes any difference.

Also, since you are getting the same error in your own application, would you be able to provide a demo application so that we can verify that everything was setup properly?

Sure, I will attempt to DM this to you so it’s I’m not posting the SDK on the forum. Edit: I don’t see a way to DM you here, let me know if there’s another way I can send this to you.

Hi @Padraig,

Thanks for giving that a try! The dev forum only supports sending pictures, so it would not be possible to send the demo application here. The best way of sending that over would be by sending it through a ticket on our developer support site. You can mention this thread to ensure it doesn’t get lost.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.