SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE on PinVideo

I’m having trouble reliably pinning users with the SDK. I discovered after some experimentation that PinVideo always returns SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE when there are fewer than three users joined. I note that the regular Zoom UI allows pinning with only two users joined. But even if I wait for at least three users to join, the SDK sometimes refuses to pin the video, returning SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE. The userID is correct and the user has already joined.

Am I missing something? What conditions can cause SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE when pinning?

Thanks,

Bill

hi Bill

please help to double check the user you want to pin sending video or not? 

if he don’t send video, we don’t support to pin.

thanks

dats.

Thanks Dats. I suspected that it was necessary for the other user to be sending video. However I’m getting WRONG_USEAGE errors even when the user is sending video. It seems like I have to first be in gallery mode (not active speaker). But even if I’m careful I’m still getting the errors. Are there any other details I should be aware of?

I’m pinning as soon as I get the onUserJoin notification for the user that I want to pin. Do I have to wait a while?

Thanks for any help.

Bill

Yes, the pinning was failing because the video had not started. It was necessary to handle onUserVideoStatusChange. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Closing as solved.

-Tommy