Which Windows Client SDK version?
zoom-c-sharp-wrapper-5.5.12511.0422

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1 join the first meeting without problems
2 join the second meeting
3.get SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE

Additional context
I already activated the option to join multiple meetings in the account settings

Hey @fboncini,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The SDK does not support joining multiple meetings at once.

Thanks!
Michael

hi,
I want to join diferents user to diferents meetings at the same time with de same api key and secret
I mean to connect to both meetings with de same key and secret but with one user for every meeting,
the meetings are already created with diferents host
is this possible?
thanks

Hey @fboncini,

You key and secret can be re-used to join multiple users into multiple meetings, but you cannot join multiple meetings on the same device at the same time.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for the answer,

We have a User Case in which we need to connect (using the same SDK) two different participants in two different meetings at the same time from the same machine.

How can we do that? Is it possible or is there a workaround for that scenario?

Hey @fboncini,

You can do this by running two separate instances of your application at once.
You can also try this, but keep in mind this is not a supported feature: Multiple Windows Instances? - #2 by Michael_Condon

Thanks!
Michael

Hi
I try to use sdkPathPostfix but when I run other instance of my application i get the error SDKERR_OTHER_SDK_INSTANCE_RUNNING, (I’m using the c# wrapper and I had to add this property manually)

Are you sure that it is possible?

Hey @fboncini,

I am not sure that this is possible in the C# wrapper. It should be possible in the C++ sdk however.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi thanks for the answer
I try it in c++ but it doesn’t work either. Is the idea to assign a different value to that parameter in each execution? any value?

thanks

Hey @fboncini,

Yes, the idea is that each execution would have a unique value. Because Zoom does not consider this feature supported, I have not actually tested this myself. @liminal_andy were you able to get this working?

Thanks!
Michael

Yep! I remember needing to do more than we discussed in the thread though. I’ll try to jog my memory when I return to my office.

1 Like

Thanks as usual @liminal_andy :slight_smile:

Ok @Michael_Condon and @fboncini here’s what we inject into the end of the tagConfigurableOptions struct in zoom_sdk_def.h:

string randy = to_string(rand() % 2147483646 + 1);
const wchar_t* random = wstring(randy.begin(), randy.end()).c_str();
sdkPathPostfix = random;

With the proper #include statements this will allow multiple instances to run on Windows 10.

2 Likes

Thanks @liminal_andy,

The solution works perfect

1 Like

Thank you @liminal_andy!
You are always a great help to the Zoom community!

Michael

1 Like

No problem. Obvious caveat that the code sample I shared is by no means bulletproof, as there is a small possibility that the random string will clash without some sort of instance logging going on, but this generally does the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.