Seeking Guidance: Integrating Zoom SDK with Electron for Multi-Camera Setup

Hello Zoom Developer Community,

My name is David, and I’m collaborating with a team of students at UMass Boston on a pretty fun and difficult project. We’re in the process of developing an Electron app that integrates the Zoom Meeting SDK. Our goal is to create a platform for nursing workstations at our university, allowing both students and teachers to login using their university emails.

Unique Requirement:
Our workstations are equipped with two cameras: a standard webcam and a mounted face cam. We want to provide the functionality where a user can leverage both these cameras during a Zoom session, giving a more comprehensive experience.

Challenges:
As we are relatively new to Electron app development, the Zoom SDK, and managing multi-camera setups, we’ve encountered some hurdles in getting our system up and running seamlessly.

What We’re Looking For:

1. Resources: Any beginner-friendly guides or tutorials that delve into integrating the Zoom SDK with Electron. Specifically, any resources tailored towards university projects would be a bonus!
  2. Examples/External Projects: If anyone knows of existing projects or sample codebases that have attempted something similar, that would be immensely helpful.
  3. Tips & Tricks: Any advice or best practices when working with Zoom SDK in Electron, especially considering our multi-camera use case.

We deeply appreciate the collective knowledge and experience this community offers. Any insights, guidance, or shared resources would be an incredible help to our project and our learning journey.

Thanks in advance for your support and assistance

Hi @david.martinez0224
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our Zoom Developer Community, I am happy to help here!
I am glad you are looking into our Meeting SDK to develop your app.
I understand that it can be challenging at first and we would like to see you develop this integration successfully

Unfortunately, for your use case, we do not have any Zoom SDK with Electron tutorials or guides, we actually have limited support for the Meeting SDK Electron Wrapper and as stated in our Docs here, we recommend using the masOS or Windows SDKs for most integrations.

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for your response.

We haven’t had too much luck in our progress, but I wanted to get your recommendations for our use case. We’re aiming to enable users to log in using their school emails as well as the other implementations noted in my original post. Most of the computers on our campus run on Windows, but it’s worth noting that some students and faculty might want to install the application on their personal devices which could very in operating systems.

Given your advice, we’re considering switching over to using the Meeting SDK for Windows. Are there any projects or resources you could point us to that have tackled similar challenges, especially around the educational sector?

Hi @david.martinez0224
Thank you for sharing more details with us
I am going to share a link to a variety of sample apps that we have that use our meeting SDK

And here is a link to our Documentation that can guide you on how to run a demo app

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.