Can the Zoom Meeting SDK be used to create an interviews module within my Jobs Webapp?

Hello everyone! I’m new to the developer forums, but have already seen some great discussions and am excited to be here. I’ve also seen some awesome implementations of the Zoom meeting and video SDK around the web.

I am building a job listings web app (desktop only for now) and I would like to integrate a seamless video interview/scheduling system within the platform. In a way that they never have to leave my website.

Is something like this possible with the Zoom meeting SDK? If so, I am excited to get started!

Any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

@devinoutfleet you came to the right place! We have a variety of SDKs / APIs for all sorts of these use cases.

Our Meetings SDK is an out-of-the-box meeting solution that can be plugged into web apps fairly easily with minimal setup. If your application grows beyond the web, we also offer our Meetings SDK in Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Electron. All of these different SDKs can tap into the same meeting instance which is great for keeping users in your application the entire time. The Meetings SDK also works hand-in-hand with our REST APIs for creating users and scheduling meetings.

We also offer our Video SDK which utilizes the same core video infrastructure but offers a more customizable experience. The Video SDK operates differently than the Meetings SDK in that you aren’t creating meeting ids in the same traditional manner that most Zoom users have become accustomed to. Video SDK utilizes a separate set of APIs and creates sessions rather than meetings. Developers usually lean towards the Video SDK if they need a super custom interface and are ok building out features from scratch. The Meetings SDK and Video SDK can not tap into the same meeting instance.

Both of these options provide a video experience that can be completely contained to your application, but the pricing and implementation are quite different. I encourage you to spend some time in our docs to understand the differences and if you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them here.

1 Like

You are amazing brother! Thank you for the swift and detailed response, I really really appreciate it. It does indeed look like I’m in the right place. I’ll dive into the docs and get started.

Have a great weekend and keep it up man, your response goes a long way. Thank you

@devinoutfleet no problem!

Hey there! Welcome to the developer forums! It’s great to hear that you’ve already come across some interesting discussions and cool implementations using the Zoom meeting and video SDK.

Integrating a seamless video interview/scheduling system within your Jobs listings web app sounds like a fantastic idea. With the Zoom meeting SDK, it’s definitely possible to achieve that seamless experience where users won’t have to leave your website.

I encourage you to explore the Zoom meeting SDK documentation to get started. Best of luck, and feel free to ask for any further feedback or assistance! :blush: