Selecting Voicemail Greeting Holiday

I cannot get the selected voicemail to populate when creating holidays. I have the holidays configured in a template, with audio selected. I can create and apply settings such as disabling greeting, but when it comes to setting the audio for the VM the audio never gets selected. I pass the audio ID and name directly from the pre-configured template.

The audio being used has been tested in the personal asset space as well as the public asset space, neither location seems to make a difference.

What am I missing?

Hi @jniehoff , are you doing this via API or the platform UI? Please clarify and share API request process if you are. Thanks!

This is being modified by API.

It is using the PATCh phone/extension/{extensionId}/call_handling/settings/{settingType} where extensionid is the for the auto receptionist, and setting type is holidayhours.

I am passing what appears to be a valid JSON object with the voicemail greeting id and name. The object includes disabling the answering greeting, but that is the only thing to change. Let me get back with the exact object details

1 Like

Hi @jniehoff looking forward to the object! Just a note, this endpoint seems to take one of the respective objects per request: Zoom Phone API

To clarify - I am sending a single object data per PATCH request. I.E. each holiday to be updated is sent as it’s own object. The exact command is: Invoke-RestMethod -Method PATCH -Uri “https://api.zoom.us/v2/phone/extension/$extension/call_handling/settings/holiday_hours” -Headers $headers -Body $holidayUpdateFinal

Below are two examples of the $holidayUpdateFinal object I have been sending, both of which are being accepted as valid and both disable the greeting prompt but nothing else.

{
“settings”: {
“greeting_prompt_id”: 0,
“allow_callers_check_voicemail”: true,
“voicemail_greeting_id”: “4S-vqYdSQcCFORarZ3pT8A”,
“play_callee_voicemail_greeting”: true,
“holiday_id”: “obKtWjZTSCmipYdZ9GQ6WA”
},
“sub_setting_type”: “call_handling”
}

{
“settings”: {
“greeting_prompt_id”: 0,
“voicemail_greeting”: {
“id”: “4S-vqYdSQcCFORarZ3pT8A”,
“name”: “Mercer Holiday Greeting.mp3”
},
“holiday_id”: “obKtWjZTSCmipYdZ9GQ6WA”
},
“sub_setting_type”: “call_handling”
}

FWIW I also cannot modify the actual call handling settings, I.E. setting where it routes, either - though it does look like the object updates in the API but it doesn’t reflect back in the GUI.